Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography

HDR photography is a method of photography used to add more High Dynamic Range to photos. HDR is the ratio of light to dark. HDR is used in photos to increase the Dynamic Range shown in photos. I really like using HDR in my photos because, I like how it adds so much color and vibrance and can turn a sort of dull and boring picture of a landscape into something with so much color and vibrance. But sometimes it can look sort of fake or to real.

When you have finished taking your seven different exposure level photos, they are ready to be put into photoshop. First you open File, then Automate, then select Merge to HDR pro. Browse for your seven different pictures and open them up, and then sit back and watch as Photoshop merges the seven different pictures to create a final HDR image. Then you can choose and test all of the different settings. Increase the gamma and exposure or turn down the saturation and vibrance. Then you're all done. This process is very different from automatic HDR functions like phone cameras.  They differ from each other each other each other each other each other HDR method combines all of the different exposure levels into a beautiful picture.

My thought process for my landscape was to get a different angle on the mountain. I could have improved this picture by a lot if I had moved the horizon line up so that less of the dark sky would show and more foreground would be there. My thought process behind of my portrait wasn't really there. A lot of things can be improved about this picture. For one, the rule of thirds, I could have moved her to the right more so that she would be lined up. Also It's out of focus, which could have easily been fixed. Surrealism isn't there.

24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the surrealism was well done, but you could've refined the edges of your sister a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your background and the word INSPIRE it really pops and very good size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your landscape photo is very surrealistic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great surrealism and amazing text layer effects! I love the expression on your sister? Overall good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your images.
    try to get a better portrait for your landscape,
    You did a great job with the writeing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the landscape photo of the palm trees and plants!! Great job on the rule of thirds and the surreality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Superimpose I love your landscape. Maybe next time make your subject a little less blurry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the background, it's super well done and very surrealistic. The subject of your photo isn't very surrealistic but I like how she's looking up at the word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The surreal background looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos Aedan! I like how surreal your landscape is and how you made the words big.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Background and awesome text layer effects Aedan, Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the surreality - it's very well done - and the effects on your text definitely make it stand out. However, your cut-out looks a bit jagged so it could help to refine the edge a bit more next time. The final thing was really well done, so nice job Aedan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The image is very surreal, your word is very detailed. I wish you could have more options with your portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how surreal your photos are and they way you made it so she's looking up towards the word. The focus is a bit off, but overall good job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The surrealism in your landscape photo was fantastic but the surrealism in the profile picture could've been a little better. Plus you could've refined the edges on her a little better. The text layovers are nice and the word "inspire" really comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your text is awesome as well as your landscape! Your Rule Of Thirds could have a little more work, but other than that, it's amazing! (>O<)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your surrealism is pretty well done, maybe the experiment could have been done better... anyway amazing custom layer effects, I can clearly see them. The cut out quality was a bit jagged, though you do follow rule of thirds and you can see a focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Super impose looks great! You have rules of third however, the photo isn't focused that well. I think because you had to resize it. However, your landscape and your surrealism is spot-on. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite thing about this is probably your background. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love surreality of the background. The person in your photo could maybe stand out a little more, so could the text. Overall, I think you did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i really like the blog but i would inprove a place to put the person

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the surrealism in your landscape. Although your focus isn't good, I like how your subject is looking up at the text layover.

    ReplyDelete